Join us for the kick-off event of the 2017 Skoll World Forum! As our community gathers, we’ll begin to explore the theme of Fault Lines: Creating Common Ground and how social entrepreneurs can navigate this landscape so marked by division while working towards peace, prosperity, and equality. We will hear from innovators, activists, and business leaders to lay the foundation for a weeklong conversation around repairing the rifts that hinder social progress.
Our opening plenary at New Theatre begins at 4:30 pm and doors open at 4:00 pm. Seating is general admission.
- Winnie Byanyima, Executive Director, Oxfam International
- Stephan Chambers, Director, Marshall Institute, London School of Economics
- Atul Gawande, Director, Ariadne Labs; Surgeon; Health Policy Scholar, New Yorker Staff Writer
- Don Henley, 8-time Grammy Winner; Founder, Walden Woods Project
- Jim Yong Kim, President, World Bank Group President
- Jeff Skoll, Chairman, Jeff Skoll Group, Skoll Foundation, Skoll Global Threats Fund, Participant Media, and Capricorn Investment Group
- Hamdi Ulukaya, Founder and CEO, Chobani
Special Musical Performance by:
- Sierra Leone’s Refugee All Stars