Bending the Arc is a stunning documentary about a team of young people — Paul Farmer, Jim Yong Kim, Ophelia Dahl — whose charitable medical work 30 years ago in remote Haiti ignited a healthcare movement. Their mission: to deliver basic health care to those who had no access to even the most rudimentary medical help. Their obstacles: The World Bank, the medical establishment, dysfunctional governments and the poverty and isolation of their patients.
A glorious and uplifting film...Bending the Arc is a heartwarming and radiant offering. Most magically, it transcends the colossal power of its own story to show how individual beings, one step at a time, can right the course of inequality and injustice. - Excerpted from a review by Duane Byrge, Hollywood Reporter
Q&A to follow. Seating is first come, first served. The film screening is free of charge and no ticket is necessary.
- Tabitha Jackson Director, Documentary Film Program, Sundance Institute
- Dr. Agnes Binagwaho, Professor of the Practice of Global Health Delivery, University of Global Health Equity
- Dr. Paul Farmer, Co-founder and Chief Strategist, Partners In Health
- Dr. Jim Yong Kim, President, World Bank Group
- Melquiades Huauya Oré, Advocate and Speaker
- Cori Shepherd Stern, Producer, Strongheart Group